On regular weekdays, clients may stop by the Sheway drop-in space to receive a free lunch. Lunch options usually include: salads, proteins, fruits, vegetables, as well as tea, coffee, and juice.
Lunch is served in the drop-in space:
- Monday – Friday : 12:00pm – 2:00pm (Except holidays)
Sheway Food Bank
Sheway clients are eligible to receive food bags once every week on the following distribution days:
- Mondays – Sheway clients who are currently pregnant
- Fridays– Sheway clients who are not currently pregnant
Clients receive a weekly supplement of milk.
The Community Kitchen gives the clients a chance to:
- Work in a kitchen with staff and other clients
- Experiment with a diverse range of foods
- Learn the necessary skills to cook nutritious meals on a budget that they can then take home.
Community Kitchen is typically held on Wednesdays 2:00pm to 5:00pm. To participate, clients should put their name on the sign-up sheet on the kitchen door. Spacing is limited to only six clients each week. All participating clients are required to wear long pants and closed shoes for safety reasons. Child minding is available to the participants.
* Please visit the Food Banks & Food Services resource page for more information about the food banks and food services available in your community!