There are many ways for individuals and groups to help Sheway provide for those in need. Get involved today!
Donate by credit card or direct transfer
Vancouver Native Health Society, handles our on line credit card and direct transfer donations. Click on the picture to access their website. (Tax deductible receipts will be issued for a donation of $25 and more.)
If you would like to donate items directly to Sheway, please call us at (604) 216-1699, to arrange a drop-off time.
We accept the following in-kind donations:
- Clothing, shoes, and accessories – new or gently used regular and maternity items for women, items for babies and children.
- Toiletries (new items) – soap, shampoo, deodorant, toothbrushes, toothpaste, feminine hygiene products, hairbrushes, hair accessories, and Kleenex
- New baby items -baby formula, baby cereal and crackers, diapers, diaper cream, wet wipes, diaper cream, soothers, bottles, bibs, receiving blankets, and baby shampoo.
- Small household items – dishes, cookware, utensils, and small lamps
- Furniture – cribs, crib mattresses, and high chairs
- Not older than 5 years old and has not been recalled due to safety concerns
- Other items – umbrellas, transit fare tickets, children’s books and toys, strollers, and car seats that meet current safety standards.
*Regretfully, due to safety requirements and space limitations we do not accept: used toys, stuffed animals, large household items (chairs, paintings, etc), electronics (computers, printers, fax machines, telephones, TV’s, photocopiers)
Being a volunteer at Sheway provides many opportunities, including gaining work experience, meeting other interesting people, and contributing to the well-being of those in the community. As a volunteer at Sheway, you may be helping by:
- Assisting with special events, fundraisers, and social media
- Collecting and sorting donated clothing items
- Helping with office administration functions
- Picking and delivering food items
- Providing pro bono volunteer services
For more information, please contact Dana Clifford at (604) 216-1699.
Sheway appreciates your time and generous donation for the women and their families of the Downtown Eastside.